It seems another great house has slipped through our fingers. We had an accepted offer on a great newly remodeled house, closing date was set for June 2. Well, we found out this past Friday that the house did not appraise out where we needed it. So two options- we needed to come up with $8000 (yeah right) or the sellers needed to drop their price. Well, we weren't budging and they said that they couldn't come down anymore....so we lost the house.
Our realtor felt so bad, but I told her that all it means is that it wasn't meant to be. That's just not the house that God had in store for us. I do believe that, but darnit, it SUCKS that we have to start searching again!! We thought we were done and good to go, and we have to start over. Our realtor knew about the appraisal for a day or two before she told us, so she started the search. Well, she hit it in ONE!! She had pulled up several in a small (but rapidly growing) town close to Cedar Rapids. We went to check out several in the town, and the very first one we went to was AWESOME. We went to another one, which was a foreclosure- the basement pipes had cracked and the floor of the basement had a HUGE crack across it and was starting to buckle. We got out of there as fast as we could! We headed home from there, but talked a lot about whether we would want to live in Ely or not, daycare/preschool options for Scoots, mileage to work, etc. We decided the town wouldn't be so bad! We put in an offer on Monday evening, and got a counter on Tuesday afternoon, and we accepted!
So now we are going through the waiting of the appraisal (which it has already been appraised once, and listed below appraisal price) and bank paperwork. I've been running around getting quotes for insurance...we've always been with State Farm, Sam's parents have them, so Sam was covered. We just continued with them for the past 7 years, never shopping around. It wasn't really something I ever thought of!