Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Red paint?

So we bought a new house, and I've finally talked Sam into letting me go with COLOR instead of blah-old-white (which he has always made me do). I chose latte (by Sherwin Williams) for all the walls, then wanted a few accent walls throughout the house. Darker brown (steady brown by Sherwin Williams) in our room, sage green (Sweet Annie by Valspar) in the hallway bath (all of it!) and accent in Scooter's room. Then, to go REALLY BOLD, I got a reddish burgundy paint color for accent in the kitchen and living room. Posh Red to be exact, by Valspar, I believe. I've got the first coat on and it looks HORRID. Streaks everywhere, track marks like you wouldn't believe...and the color is just too....I don't know....RED. I was wanting more of a burgundy!

I decorate in the primitive style with the red berries. I own a few things here, among others: http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg3.asp?G=584&P=20&Rec=24&Ntt=cranberry+star+tree&N=37&Nao=0&R=439044-9WRH---1

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg3.asp?G=584&P=71&Rec=26&Ntt=cranberry+star+tree&N=37&Nao=0&R=439125-6PLR---1

http://www.ltdcommodities.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg.asp?G=594&P=220&Rec=16&Ntt=cranberry+star+tree&N=37&Nao=0&R=441297-9SBPLMB1

So what red do I want?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a bright apple red in the kitchen of my old house. It was a little RED for me, but Big Daddy was not re-painting.

This house, I went red with a more orangey tint for one wall in the living room and kitchen. I also painted the entire dining room this color.

I like it and I get lots of compliments. If you want the numbers off the can, I can do that for you. There is no "color" to give you because I had it mixed special. :) I think it would go well with your decorating judging from what I saw in the links you gave.