Monday, July 7, 2008

Almost...

We're almost there- finished with the new house, that is.

About this close. I have to finish trimming up the frustrating red walls yet, then I'm DONE!! Whoo hoo!! Had a very frustrating problem this weekend though....

I had originally bought 5 gallons of ceiling paint tinted to a yummy horseradish color (a creamy white). Sam painted all the ceilings, and ran out with the second half of the master bath (it's separated by a walkthrough wall). So I had to go buy more horseradish so I could finish the rest of that, and then trim all the corners.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought the paint.

Came home and did most of the house in one day.

Came back the next day and finished up....only to find out later that it wasn't the right color.

I was pissed at the situation. Sam was pissed at....me. Oh YES, darling, of course it's MY fault! I told the guy at Wal-Mart to mix it wrong! All my fault. He said I should have noticed that the paint was white, and not the creamy color. Well, you see hon, YOU were the one putting the paint on the ceiling while I was doing all the other walls!! YOU were the one dealing with the horseradish-freaking colored paint!!!

My bad, totally mine. So I go to a different Wal-Mart and show them the color sample and have them mix a new batch. The guy couldn't figure it out.

Came home and did everything over. Still have no idea if it's the right formula or not.

At least it's done. Damnit.

No comments: