Friday, July 18, 2008

SAHM vs WOHM

Being a working mommy is hard...someone else gets to see your child's development more than you at times. Someone else gets to see their first milestones sometimes.

I've felt guilty at times for working while Scoots is growing up. But we can't afford to have me stay at home. We need both of our incomes to make the ends meet. Sam makes pretty good money, far more than I do, but we do have a certain level where we like to live. If we want to eat out, we'll go do it. If I want to buy a new shirt, I do it. Sometimes the cash isn't always there, and unfortunately, credit cards are. But that's another topic....

Anyway, Veronica over at 5 Minutes for Parenting wrote this awesome post about working moms. Read it- you'll be glad you did. Here's a brief snippet:

The media-manufactured "Mommy Wars" tell us that mothers resent and judge each other. Sometimes we do. But sometimes we recognize that the world needs different people to make different choices. The truth is that as we all struggle to provide the best for our kids, we can't make it without each other. Your choices affect me, and mine affect you. We really are all in this together.

No comments: